As a small business owner I have made my fair share of mistakes. Within those mistakes I grimaced, smacked my face against the desk, or banged my head against the wall...But most importantly, I tucked those gems in my front pocket as a lesson learned & to shake it off with a giggle.
It's been a weird couple of weeks. I've been riding the straight up struggle bus with on the verge or wanting to ditch social media as a whole or spiraling down an emotional roller coaster that I picked the wrong name for my business and I was going to fail because of it. Yeah... That happened... Oops.
Anyway, I know it sounds weird but for some reason listing some of my mistakes feels like it'll make me feel better.. We shall see...
- I learned the hard way to not edit too late at night only to wake up the next day only to realize my clients look like Oompa Loompas and the "reset" button in lightroom quickly became my BFF.
- Don't look at numbers. I have this obsession with comparing my "following" to others and it puts me in a real baaaaad mood when I do. Still working on this.
- I'll never forget the time I called a bride TWICE (during their engagement session) the wrong name... Oh hi, Lauren! ;)
- Or the time I opened up an email with the wrong name.... :banging head against desk:
- The few times that I totally forgot to write down mileage and later took a stab in the dark at the numbers.. Shhhh.. Don't tell my accountant (or the IRS)...
- That one time during family formals where a lady asked me where she should stand and I told her, "I'll have it figured out in a second.. Trying to figure it out weight wise..." - We all had a good giggle because what came out of my mouth isn't what I meant but I still felt like a dope.
- Those times where I don't watch my image count during portraits and my memory card fills up. Always happens during a really good shot too. #rookiemove
- That time I "forgot" my horseshoe for my light stand and basically lost my noodle to the poor DJ... Then while packing up (at the end of the night) finding the stupid thing in a random pocket in my bag. WHY.
- I once hugged the grooms best man (who happens to be his brother) thinking it was the groom when in fact... It wasn't..... #awkwardturtle
- Once I wandered around a wedding looking for the mother of the bride calling out her name only to realize that wasn't her name... My bad.
Okay so these made me giggle. I hope you had some good laughs at my expense, I know I did.. Or if I was you reading this list I would be so unbelievably embarrassed for me. HA!