If you've been around me for any length of time you probably know that music is a huge part of my life. Former piano (& clarinet in junior high, yikes) player, show choir jazz finger extraordinaire, former dancer (of the legal variety), and I'm likely jamming out to something while I'm at my desk. My ears are constantly listening to every song on the radio, or playing the isles of Target. Shazam is by best friend.
Music is a story that feeds my soul. It's happy, sad, full of love, or full of grief. I am a firm believer that music can heal you & that's from my own personal experience. Though heartbreak, being in love, dancing my booty off, to working. It's something that with every mood I'm in.. There is a sound to match.
So with that said, my favorite genre can switch by the hour. So I wanted to share 10 songs that have been rocking my ears this month. Some will be older songs, some will be top 40, some you might not like (my taste can be a little odd sometimes!)...
- Say It (Featuring Tove Lo) By Skin (Genre: Electronic)
- Came Here To Forget By Blake Shelton (Genre: Country)
- I'd Do Anything By John Butler Trio (Genre: Alternative) - Probably My Favorite Song Ever.
- Lush Life By Zara Larsson (Genre: Pop)
- Silver Coin By Angus & Julia Stone (Genre: Indy/Acoustic-ee)
- Paint By The Paper Kites (Genre: Indy/Acoustic-ee)
- All Night (Featuring Know Fortune) By Chance The Rapper (Genre: HipHop/Rap)
- All In My Head (Featuring Fetty Wap) By Fifth Harmony (Genre: Pop)
- Steal It By John Butler Trio (Genre: Alternative) - Let's just label this as my favorite band ever.
- Blue Ocean Floor By Justin Timberlake (Genre: Pop) - Does it get any better then JT?
What are your favorite songs!? I'm always looking for new ones so if you have something you think I'd like. Send it my way! <3