I'll be honest. It's kinda awful. Especially when the lens is pointed at me..
I do always feel so fortunate having a younger brother who is willing to take headshots for me (& live in the apt building next door).. It usually results in us wandering around the complexes for 15-20 minutes, me getting frustrated, & then quitting. Having a little mini session on the other side always reminds me what my couples feel like & brings me back to earth (& learn how to be more supportive towards my couples).. So here are 5 thoughts I had last night... ;)
- Are my chins out? The chins are the worst. Oh god, my face looks like a pumpkin in that one.
- I think the light will be good over here (it wasn't). Why is it so much harder to read the light when you're not shooting. This doesn't make ANY sense.
- How exactly do I pose myself so I don't look like I have tree stumps for legs? Am I incapable of posing myself to not have stumpy legs?! I'm just not sure.
- #@$%^ this. I'm done. Next time I'm dragging a mirror along so I can see myself do this.
- Well that one is okay. I guess...
- Why do I do this to myself again!? This is so unbelievably awkward.
I could have kept going. I really could have! I went through every range of emotion but hey. We got some good ones and I'm super excited to share them across social media (primarily instagram! Follow me! @caynayphoto) over the next few months!! BIG thank you to Ian! Appreciate your skills, bud! :)