I walked by the studio countless amounts of times at Hilldale. Always eyeing and thinking about diving into Pure Barre. I had heard nothing but fabulous things but was terrified of it. I heard it was hard, like really hard. This article makes me laugh & it's so true (Warning: Crude language!).. So last week I finally hit "purchase" on their new client special and oh my lanta, I'm glad I did.
I'm a week & 6 classes in at this point (I'm actually writing this 5 days & 4 classes in. That's how much I want to talk about it).. You guys, I wish I would have done this months ago. I'm obsessed. Now don't get me wrong, my body aches, my butt hurts, when I cough/sneeze it feels like my ribs are going to pop out.. But all in the best stinking way possible.
Here are my top 5 favorite things about Pure Barre so far!
- No Shoes: I hate shoes, they're uncomfortable, constricting, and sometimes make me claustrophobic (for someone who isn't claustrophobic). So working out in sticky socks has been awesome!
- The instructors are so helpful, uplifting, in the most energy boosting way. They make their way around and help correct form but not in a way that makes you feel silly or stupid. This seriously means so much to me and a new Pure Barre junky. I obviously have no idea what I'm doing.
- They aren't kidding that it's the fastest 55 minutes of your life. I wore my Apple Watch the first couple of times and then ditched it. Holy cow, without the watch? I can't believe that the class is already over when it is.
- You sweat and ache but it makes you feel empowered, graceful, and poise.
- If you're a former dancer (like myself, you'll love it) - You don't need any dance experience but it hits that nerve (much like zumba) and satisfies that part of me that is no longer constant in my lifestyle.
I plan on checking in every so often on the blog! To hold myself accountable! I also took "before" photos so we'll see if I ever share those or not.. Chances are if I get a six pack I will but, cheeseburgers. So probably not.
image via purebarre.com